Thursday, April 2, 2009

Wishing Coach Luke A Speedy Recovery


Bittersweet news today that assistant coach Maurice Lucas will miss the rest of the season after undergoing successful bladder cancer surgery on Tuesday. The good news is that, by all accounts, Coach Luke is recovering well. The bad news, of course, is that he won't be there on the Trail Blazers bench.

"I'm disappointed that I will be missing this stretch run," Lucas said. "I am so proud of how our guys have played and I'm confident that I will spend a good deal of my recovery time watching us win games."

Coach Luke already beat pneumonia this season, and I've got no doubt he's going to beat cancer as well. They don't come tougher than Coach Luke, that's for sure.

1 comment:

albguy said...

We will miss you on the bench. But we do not think that we who watch and cheer are irrelevant to the outstanding season our guys are having. So join our cheers.

We are praying for you big Luke.