Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The three-point shootout will be James Jones-less

The Footlocker Three-point Shootout participants have been announced, and James Jones isn't on the list. There's a good chance that he would have passed on the invite anyway due to lingering knee soreness so it's hard to view his lack of invitation as a snub.

I have to say that I am a little surprised at the list. Kobe is participating? I wouldn't have expected that, especially since he's shooting 35% from beyond the arc. I don't doubt that he can win it though.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a bummer. I'm willing to bet it has more to do with his recent slump than his injury. Oh, and we don't want TOO many players from those small-market Blazers at the All-Star game.

Casey, I noticed that you're pretty much talking to yourself here on this blog... where did all the comments go? I think you guys need to reformat it a bit so that the comments show below the posts. Great (semi-)new blog otherwise.

Unknown said...

Well don't I look stupid, I just realized that you can view the comments if you click on the individual entries. In that case, I'm still wondering why nobody is commenting.

And because I hate it when people post things that have nothing to do with basketball... GO BLAZERS tonight against the Bulls. I'm looking for an out-of-the-gate victory, we need one of those.

Casey Holdahl said...

Thanks for the comment Sam.

And you're right, I am kind of talking to myself here. It's a new blog, so I'm still working on getting the conversation going. It's a good suggestion to have comments below the posts rather than having to tab through. We're working on some site changes, and I'll bring that suggestion up. In the meantime, keep commenting, and I'll keep commenting back.

pcracken said...

Honestly, I'm kinda glad he's not on the list. His shot was obviously off for the last few games he played, and I'd rather see him rest up so he can drain those shots when it really counts. :)