- Quarter comes to a close with the Blazers leading 16-14. Jerryd Bayless has shot has shot 8 free throws, making 6. That's pretty much the highlight so far. There are worse things than earning trips to the line.
Not a whole lot of purposeful motion so far in his one. Lots of guys running around, but nothing seems to be coming of it.
- Bayless not so lucky this time, as his attempt at a charge ends up an And1.
Monty Williams calls Koponen and Bayless over during the free throw attempt, after which Bayless switches to the point. Nothing looks real smooth right now, which is about what you would expect from the first game of summer league.
- Bayless picks up Nick Young on defense, eventually drawing a charge on the second year guard out of USC. And it was a legit charge, not some janky flop.
- According to the Lenovo, the Blazers don't have an assist yet. The Wizards don't either, but that doesn't make it right.
Bayless continues to attack the basket, which is what coach Monty Williams is looking for from the rookie. He earns another trip to the line.
- Bayless with the bucket And1. He's got a knack for elevating quickly near the basket. He's got 7.
- A lazy pass by Bayless turns into a layin for Andre Blatche. No too good. Jerryd also drove the ball deep into the lane, but had a hard time finishing with three Wizards draped all over him. Wizards 8, Blazers 7 with 5:16 to play in the first quarter. Koponen has 5, Bayless has 2 and everyone else sits on a goose egg.
- Blazers offense looking a little shaky until Koponen nabs a steal, goes coast to coast and finishes with the layin. Nice little game so far for the Finnisher.
Jerryd Bayless finishes a nice tear drop in the lane, with Petteri Koponen nailing a three-pointer after screening off Dee Brown. Nice start for the Blazers up and comers.
- Bill Bayno's daughter sang the National Anthem. And that's how we start it out.
Blazers starting with Petteri Koponen, Jerryd Bayless, Nic Batum, Chris Ellis and Bernard Robinson. The Wiz come out with Nick Young, Andre Blatche, Dominic McGuire, JaVale McGee and Dee Brown.