Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Today in links: April 2

Big game in Los Angeles tonight for the Red and Black. Pau Gasol could make his return to the lineup, which doesn't strike me as all that important, at least tonight. In order to finish the season at .500, the Blazers are going to have to win some tough games. Might as well be against the Lakers.

- Nate McMillan is going to need production from Travis Outlaw on both ends of the floor if the Blazers are to win tonight. Luckily, Outlaw has figured out how to D-up Kobe Bryant:
"You've just got to see what's not going for him and see if you can keep it up. If his shot ain't falling, then you want to keep giving him shots," the Portland Trail Blazers' Travis Outlaw said. "If his shot is falling, see how he does getting it to the rim. He can score, so there isn't anything that ever surprises me."

- Martell Webster, who also needs to have a solid night for the Blazers to win against the Lakers, discusses some of his interests outside of basketball. Turns out Marty like the beats:
If you weren’t playing basketball what would you be doing?

Something with music. I have a studio at home and it’s what I do in my spare time. After I put in all my work in basketball I go home and relax in my studio with my keyboards. I have a couple good friends who come down and we make songs. It’s a hobby for me.

No wonder Jarrett Jack calls Martell "Kanye Webster."

- Brian Hendrickson says the Blazers need to defend better. Tonight would be a good time to work on that.

- Brandon Roy talks about his charitable work, among other things, on a San Diego radio show. (Hat tip to diarist "saregister" on Blazer's Edge).

- More from Blazer's Edge. Dave satirically tackles what it takes to be a coach.

No comments: