Monday, December 31, 2007

Greetings from Salt Lake City

Salutations from the land of the Great Salt Lake. After a prolonged homestand, we're back on the road. First stop of this short trip brings us to SLC to take on the Jazz.

Besides this being my first road trip with the team, it's also my first time in SLC. It's hard to get a solid feel for what the city is like from the 17th floor of our ridiculoisly nice hotel (seriously, I've even stepped foot in a joint nearly as classy as where we're staying) but my snap judgment is that it's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't neccesarrily want to live here.

In an attempt to give you a little taste of what life on the road is all about, here are some pictures that I snapped from the balcony of my hotel room.




As you can see, it's been snowing here in Salt Lake City. It's only about six inches deep, but it's a nice change of pace from the Portland rain/snow mix.









Much like Portland, Salt Lake City has light-rail transit. The train cars look a little older but they seem to move a little faster.









I have no idea what is housed in this building, but whatever it is, it looks important.







A fountain in the courtyard of the hotel. Supposidly there's an outdoor pool somewhere on the grounds, but I'm sure it's closed for the winter.

No comments: