Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Great moments in media availability

Hosting a small army of media at the practice facility can make for a complex affair for my friends in the Trail Blazers PR Department. But all their hard work is worth it for me when I see quotes like the one below.
The 7-footer from Ohio State showed no signs of problems in two-on-two work with teammates Steve Blake and Channing Frye and former Arkansas star Steven Hill, a 7-footer invited to practice with Portland. Oden isn't allowed to go five-on-five until next month.

"I'm feeling good," Oden said. "I do not have any pain or soreness in my knee."

Asked whether he noticed Oden favoring his right knee, Frye dismissed it entirely.

"He favors dunking on your head, that's what he favors," Frye said after giving up his share to Oden in the workout.
Priceless. I wish I could come up with off the cuff quips like that.

No comments: