Thursday, July 23, 2009

Video: Greg Oden At USAB Mini-Camp


I wasn't sure what to expect out of Greg Oden at the USA Basketball mini-camp, so I can't say he surpassed my expectations. But I can say Oden looked very good working out against his peers today in Las Vegas. Completely dominant in the paint defensively. Didn't have many opportunities on offense, but looked more fluid and coordinated when he did get the ball in the post.

I don't think you'll be able to draw too many conclusions from this video I shot at practice today, but hopefully it will give you a little taste of what's to come. I'll try my best to get some better quality footage at tomorrow's practice. And more updates and an interview with Oden to come shortly.

3 comments:

skaternater said...

Nice video! Greg looked like he was alot more balanced and seemed to have a bit more quickness. His decision making on defence seemed to be instinctive. It didnt look like he was thinking, he was just reacting. Nobody is getting a shot off on the inside while Greg Oden is in the house!!

Eric said...

Sweet video, Casey. I liked how you followed Greg on the court instead of the ball. I was glad to see that you didn't edit it down too short, too. Keep these coming!

BRoyFTW said...

Hey, the video is greatly appreciated. He still has a lot of hard work to put in, but it's good to see him on tape playing. It's been too long.