I trust everyone enjoyed their three-day weekend. Batteries recharged and ready to ... continue waiting for pre-draft workouts to start. We've got five picks to make! Let's get some kids in here pronto.
The Chicago pre-draft camp does start today, if I'm not mistaken, so maybe I'll be able to track down some news from the Windy City. Until then, enjoy some rather odd links I've found over the last few days.
• Somewhat strange rumor that Nate Robinson wants to be a Trail Blazer. How bout we comprise a team completely made out of former Seattle residents?
• The Beastie Boys are recording tracks for their new album in the submarine on Paul Allen's yacht? I really hope that's true.
• Dave Deckard's thoughts on why moving up to grab a point guard wouldn't be his first course of action. Blazer's Edge teammate Ben Golliver disagrees.
• Calls for the Birdman in Portland. I bet you could search every NBA team blog and at least half would have a similar sentiment.
• Brandon Roy tell Hardknock TV (whatever that is) that Shaq is the best rapper in the NBA. Roy does get in a shoutout for Martel Webster's MC skills.
• Swell work by new papa Wendell Maxey at Hoopsworld in getting Kevin Pritchard on record regarding this year's draft strategy.
• Jose Calderon won't be available to help the Spanish National Team qualify for the 2010 World Championships, which potential opens up a spot for Sergio Rodriguez.
• An interview with Petteri Koponen. You always know an interview is going to go well when the first question is, "How do I pronounce your name?"
• Another video interview with Brandon Roy. Elie Seckbach might have the most unique voice of anyone in the NBA press corp.
• Channing Frye wants you to use his preferred food delivery service.
• This 365 days of Greg Oden gallery on Flickr has been cracking me up.